Appeel™ is lidding sealant resin that delivers you controlled adhesion in easy-open packaging. Appeel™ is solvent free extrudable sealants system designed for cohesive or interfacial peel with adhesion to multiple substrates, good chemical resistance and excellent optics. Appeel™ meets functional needs in hot fill, microwave and retort applications.
Appeel™ can be used for sealing to a broad range of substrates:
- PET etc.
Appeel™ runs in a variety of conversion process:
- Cast film
- Blown film
- Extrusion coating
Appeel™ brings you benefits like:
- Controlled adhesion in easy-open packaging
- Low seal initiation temperature
- Sealant thickness variation in presence of contamination
- Broad peel seal temperature window
- Good Chemical resistance (fat and grease, acidic foods)
- High clarity
- Melt index control
- Good organoleptics
The most popular Appeel™ grades are:
- Appeel™ 72D811 - Pre-formulated easy-peel sealants primarily used in film / film sealing and some cases as a lidding sealant, targeted applications: Processed meat and cheese, easy peel pouches, medical forming webs, etc.
- Appeel™ 20D855 - EMA based grade designed for filament free die cutting, low seal initiation temperature, low sealing time, peelable to PP, PS, PVC and PET, high thermal stability
- Appeel™ 22D843 - Grade for use in film extrusion, blended with PP to provide peelable seals to PP trays, to itself and as a peelable layer on a tray surface
Loading, please wait